World leaders also visited NYC for the United Nations Sustainable Development Summit. They decided upon 17 Global Goals, committing to ending poverty and inequality and tackling climate change by 2030.
What are the 2015 Global Goals?
1. No Poverty
2. Zero Hunger
3. Good Health and Well-Being
4. Quality Education
5. Gender Equality
6. Clean Water and Sanitation
7. Affordable and Clean Energy
8. Decent Work and Economic Growth
9. Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure
10. Reduced Inequalities
11. Sustainable Cities and Communities
12. Responsible Consumption and Production
13. Climate Action
14. Life Below Water
15. Life on Land
16. Peace, Justice, and Strong Institutions
17. Partnership for the Goals
We are excited about the new development goals, and we’re committed to providing volunteers with opportunities to serve others and help achieve lasting change.
Inspire Global Ideas is a leading non-profit organization in the field of sustainable international volunteer work. Our vision is vision is to support the work of local community organizations in developing countries through the placement of international or local volunteers.
We believe that local communities are in the best position to determine their needs, and we provide volunteers to help them achieve their goals.
“If we all work together, we have a chance of meeting citizens’ aspirations for peace, prosperity, and well-being, and preserving our planet."
IGI - You Can Inpire